The Real Music Academy: Live Music Dance Development Programme (Zürich) is the most comprehensive LIVE MUSIC education course in existence. Delivered across 5 weekends by Guy Schalom (BA Honours in Music), the programme draws on Guy’s formal education in Europe and Canada as well as his Egyptian heritage to combine authentic Egyptian knowledge and wisdom with modern teaching methods suitable for European dancers.
Each weekend features detailed background knowledge and specially-devised exercises for musical and rhythmic understanding plus dance technique from invited guest teachers – each teacher bringing vast experience in their respective fields and serving as inspiration for how to work with live music. All classes will be led by Guy Schalom and accompanied by his band with plenty of time for improvisation and personal feedback. The goal being that you can perform with a live band confidently and have all the background information and techniques to make a perfect performance.
MODULE 5 (23 November 2019)
Your live music performance, where you need only impress yourself!
Rehearsals: ZeoT, Lagerstrasse 107, 8004, Zürich, Switzerland
Performance with Live Music: Zürich (TBA)
– 23 November 2019 (All Day)
Final Rehearsal | Closing Show | Performance with Baladi Blues Ensemble | Certificates
Our closing show will be open to friends, family and the general public.
3-day LIVE MUSIC residential course for dancers, 11th -13th of October in United Kingdom
This year’s «Voice of Egypt» theme will include:
15 HOURS of LIVE MUSIC TUITION for dancers with Guy Schalom
– ALL INCLUSIVE: 2 nights accommodation, all meals, tuition, live music party & performance with live music
– IDYLLIC ENVIRONMENT of Benslow Music Centre
– MASTER MUSICIANS workshops featuring accordion, oud/voice, tabla and more
– PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY with Baladi Blues Ensemble members
– IN-DEPTH TUITION on the legacy of Oum Kalthoum, Warda, Mayada, Fairouz, Abdel Halim Hafez, Farid Al Atrash, Wael Kfoury and others; Mawal; Improvisation; Taqasim; History & Context; Arabic Singing; Communication & Interaction with musicians; Song Analysis and much more.
– “PERFORMER PATHWAY” offering 5 additional hours of training, opportunities & mentoring for those preparing to share the stage with a live band
– LIMITED PLACES to ensure quality tuition
– GROUP KARAOKE NIGHT (in Arabic!)
Bookings: RealMusic Academy